If you would like to obtain a free SSL Certificate for one of your domains (i.e. “yourdomain.com”), please follow the following steps:
- Setup an email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” and ensure that it can receive emails.
- Log into WebHost Manager (WHM) >> SSL / TLS >> Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request.
- Fill in all the necessary details on the form. Please take note to also type a “passphrase” at the bottom of the form – this can be something random like “abc123”.
- Upon clicking “Create”, you will be brought to a page containing a lot of random characters. The one that is important is the first box “Signing Request”.
- Open a support ticket to Technical Support Department with the title “SSL Certificate Request – yourdomain.com” and copy/paste the entire “Signing Request” into the ticket’s content.
- Upon confirmation from one of our staffs, a verification email will be sent to “email@example.com”.
- Follow the instructions within the email to complete the verification process.
- Shortly after the verification process is completed, you will receive two emails from “Comodo Security Services”. Open the email containing an attachment (.zip file).
- Copy the entire certificate in the text format.
- Go to WebHost Manager (WHM) >> SSL/TLS >> Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain
- Paste the entire certificate (in the text format) into the “Certificate” field. An “Autofill by Certificate” button will appear.
- Click on the “Autofill by Certificate” button. All the other fields (Domain, Certificate, Private Key and Certificate Authority Bundle) should now be filled.
- Click on the Install button and your SSL Certificate is now installed!
Once your SSL Certificate is installed, you may want to check whether your SSL certificate has been properly configured / installed.